Monday, August 12, 2013

Recommend Monday

Good Monday All!

Hope you had a fabulous weekend filled with some great reads. Are you keeping a list like I am? When I'm on deadline I don't have the time to read as much as I want but I have an ongoing list that I'm continually adding to, so when I do have the time, I know what to go looking for. In fact, that just gave me an idea! If you do have a list, why don't we share them? We can swap, like recipes! Next week, come prepared to give us your top 5, 10, 15... Or however many you want to share. It'll be fun to compare!

Last week I wrote a little less that I had hoped but I am still very happy with my results. I have a cover for NOTHING TO LOSE. Yay! My cover goal for this series is to have a consistency the LCR series didn't have. Each book will have a different cover but there will be similarities so a reader can see immediately that it's a Grey Justice novel. I love the first cover! Can't wait to share with you. Stay tuned!

So excited that Publishers Weekly reviewed MIDNIGHT LIES and gave it a wonderful review, saying: "This is a fine example of romantic suspense, with an alpha hero who has a sensitive side, a tough and feisty heroine who sometimes acts like a damsel waiting to be swept off her feet, and plenty of twists and turns. Fans of the genre will be well pleased."

Don't forget that if you're on Goodreads and in the U.S., my publisher is giving away 50 copies. Deadline is 8/31, so enter soon! Midnight Lies Goodreads Giveaway 

This week hubby and I are concentrating on some home projects we've been putting off. Probably won't get a lot of writing done but I have a feeling my characters will continue to talk with me. To that end, I'm carrying a notebook around with me so I won't miss a thing! Then next week I'll give full concentration to Kennedy and Nick. When I reach 50,000 words, I'll share another excerpt with you!

Okay, that's it for me. Next week, be sure to come prepared to share your TBR list. It'll be fun to see what everyone's looking forward to reading. But for now, tell us what you read last week that you loved.

Have a great week all!

7 comments:

Ronlyn said...

It's been ages since I've stopped by. *bad, bad*
I'm thrilled the words are flowing Christy. Can't wait to see the results.

I've been enjoying some cozy mysteries lately. I'm really enjoying NL Wilson's Dix Dodd mysteries as well as Wendy Delaney's "Trudy, Madly, Deeply". These are great fun with many laugh out loud moments. Just what I needed.

Unknown said...

This week I am reading Brenda Novak's Home to Whiskey Creek. Although I liked all of them, this one seems to fit my usual preference for Romantic Suspense. I haven't finished it yet. But I like it so far.
Then it will be time to reread my LCR book of the month: Run to Me. When I first read it, it was my favorite. I am anxious to see if I still feel that way after rereading it & the first two.

Crystal said...

Hey everyone... **HELLO RONLYN**

Christy I'm so excited that things are coming along so well. I can't wait to see the cover, but I really can't wait to have the book in my hands!! Good luck with the home projects. Hopefully the characters will talk freely since they won't be feeling any pressure to talk. :)

I may have a lot of unread books on my nook, but lately nothing is calling my name. I have a bad habit of not reading authors I've never tried before. Sad I know.
Have a good week!!

krisgils33 said...

Happy Monday...not!!
I finished up the Rock Chick series (thank you soooooo much for the loan Alison!!). Tomorrow is the release of the final installment to the series, so my timing worked out great. Good luck with your home projects Christy!!

Alison said...

Hi Everyone!

Good luck with your projects Christy! I have a few home projects of my own that I need to get started on...maybe next weekend. Can you tell I'm a procrastinator? LOL!

No recs for me this week...I didn't get much reading done last week.

You're very welcome Kris!! I can't wait to start the last book in the Rock Chick series...I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow, so I could stay home and read :)

Have a good week everyone!

Anonymous said...

Hi,I just finished Beautiful Bastard & Beautiful Stranger by Christina Lauren. Excellent books.

Christy Reece said...

Hey All! And hey Ronlyn! Welcome back, we missed you!

Lisa, I hope you enjoy your reread of Run To Me!

Seems like we're slowing down again on the recommends so be sure to come by today's Recommend Monday where we'll not only be sharing our favorite reads from last week but our top ten from our TBR list. Can't wait to see what everyone is looking forward to reading next.

See you there!