Monday, December 9, 2013

Recommend Monday

Good Monday All! Hope you had a good weekend. Sorry I'm late today. The weather and my sinuses aren't getting along these days. And my medicine makes me loopy and sleepy.

What's the weather like in your area? We've had massive rainfall and thunderstorms with cool temps but I know lots of folks are dealing with much worse. Be careful out there!

Did you read anything great last week? Can't wait to hear about it. And don't forget, to enter the December 31 giveaway for a fabulous gift box full of books, gift cards and other prizes, you need to tell us some couples that you were thrilled that they got their happy ever after. For me, I've realized they're also some of my favorite books. To name a few: Ian and Elizabeth from Judith McNaught's Almost Heaven; Mary and Wolf from Linda Howard's Mckenzie's Mountain; Madelyn and Duncan from Julie Garwood's Honor's Splendour. I literally sighed with happiness when I closed those books.

What about you? What couples were you thrilled to see get their well deserved happy ever after? You can name one or a hundred. No limit. But you must name one to enter the contest.

Don't forget, if you're in the Birmingham area, Jennifer Echols and I will be signing books at the Books-A-Million at Brookwood Village Mall this Saturday from 10:00 - 1:00. Would love to see you there if you can make it.

Oh, I don't think I've told you about this awesome contest from Give Me Books. Lots and lots of great books to be had, including CHANCES ARE, and my two Ella Grace titles, MIDNIGHT SECRETS and MIDNIGHT LIES. Here's the link: Give Me Books: Tribute to Men in Uniform

Okay, that's it for me. Kennedy and Nick have found themselves in a bind and are looking to me to help them out.

Next Recommend Monday, let's name three of our favorite reads from this year.

Have a fabulous week!

15 comments:

Deb said...

I read one that I had won in a contest. It is a Harlequin Presents "The Tarnished Jewel of Jazaar" by Susanna Carr. It was a little shaky at first but it started out with a twist that is unusual with the bride being forced to marry by an adoptive family that kept her basically as a slave. It was wonderful to see how they end up getting this HEA

Crystal said...

Happy Monday everyone!
Christy, I agree with your three happy ever afters. Love all of those books!! Of course I have to say Dylan and Shea they deserved their HEA and had to go through hell to get it. Actually all your heroes and heroines had to go through hell to get their happy ending. Also, Pamela Clare's Unlawful Contact. Marc and Sophie's story is one that made me sigh when I closed their book.
Speaking of Pamela Clare....
She is my recommend this week. I read her MacKinnon Ranger Christmas novel yesterday. Upon a Winters Night was a fantastic way to catch up with The MacKinnon men and their families.
Hope everyone stays warm and safe with the bad weather!

Unknown said...

For the contest my HEA would be Darnay and Lucie in a Tale of Two Cities. That book was the one that showed me true love and true sacrifice for love. It is still my favorite book of all times.

oklanannie said...

I've been iced/snowed in since last Thursday -- guess how I've been spending my time! READING!

Julia Spencer-Fleming's latest "Through the Evil Days" was absolutely the best yet in the Russ/Clare mystery series. Loved it!

As Crystal mentioned, Pamela Clare's "Upon A Winter's Night" brought us back in touch with the MacKinnons and was such a great holiday treat.

Through the years there have been so many favorite happily-ever-afters. Off the top of my head, three of my favs are the first book in Christy's "Last Chance Rescue" series, RESCUE ME, and the love story between Eden and Jordan - fabulous; Katherine Allred's THE SWEET GUM TREE and the angsty and southern romance between Alix and Nick -- a real heartbreaker; and Susan Elizabeth Phillips' long-time controversial romance between Molly Somerville and Kevin Tucker in THIS HEART OF MINE -- the bunny and badger stole my heart almost as much as the leading characters!!

Hope everyone is staying safe and warm with a good book!

KC said...

One of my fav couple/ HEA was Ally and Ren in Rock Chick Revolution. I like following a couple through a few books makes that HEA all the sweeter.

Snow and temps in the teens. right now it's 10 degrees. Brrrr!!! I hate it!

Recommends: Wait for you by J. Lynn. I have done some re-reads also, but nothing else new.

Happy reading!!!

Tara said...

Hi Everyone,

Brrr, it is cold here for sure!

Christy, feel better, cold weather and bad sinus is an awful combination, yuck.

No recommends for me this week, need life to slow down so I have more time to read.

My favorite HEA's, aside from Christy's books,

Mike Muldoon and Joan DeCosta in Suzanne Brockmanns "Into the Night",

My boyfriend Hawk Delgado and Gwen in Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley. He's hot and he buys her shoes, enough said.

Sophie and Phin from Jennifer Crusie's Welcome to Temptation

Stay warm, healthy and safe- if your traveling this week, all!

Marijane Diodati said...

I tend to like series best:

Out of your LCR series, it has to be Noah and Samara;

Claire and Jamie from the Outander series Diana Gabaldon;

Eve and Ruark from the "Death" series (J.D. Robb);

Sam and Nick from the "Fatal" series (Marie Forse)

Jane said...

We had snow and we're going to have more snow tomorrow. Gabriel and Johanna from Julie Garwood's "Saving Grace" is at the top of the list.

bn100 said...

Zsadist and Bella from the BDB series

kerarae said...

Claire and Jamie from the Outlander series!! I just finished the Book Thief, really good book!

Christy Reece said...

Great job everyone. Keep those recommends coming! Lots of cold nights ahead to curl up with a good book.

LindaC said...

Recommend Monday is Kerrigan Byrnes A Righteous Kill

Favourite couple to get their happy ever after. Hmmmmm. Too many to pick, but my top three would be Pamela Clare's Mark and Sophie (Unlawful Contact) McKenna and Lucas and Julie Garwoods Mary Rose and Harrison (For The Roses)

Elke said...

Hi Christy and Everyone! I am late again - shame on me. As I mentioned last week, I just started Tiffiny Helmers Death Cache and it was as good as her other books.

On top of my list of all time favorite couples are Sam and Alyssa from Suz Brockmanns Troubleshooter series, Shea and Ethan from one Christy Reeces LCR series, Cindy Gerards Gabe Jones and Jenna McMillan , and Tessa and Julian from the I team series by Pamela Clare .

Have a wonderful Christmastime Everyone and good luck with Kennedy and Nick, Christy

donnas said...

Eve and Roarke

LIBRARYLADY said...

Still re-reading Knowledge of Good and Evil by Glenn Kleier...that is a 600 + page book !!! Whew...