Thursday, July 23, 2009

Back in Bama and Working Hard

Hi All! I returned home Monday night, greeted by my sweeties with lots of kisses, hugs and excited barks. I missed them so much! What a pleasure it was to sleep in my own bed and to not sneeze every five minutes. I'm beginning to believe I'm allergic to all hotel rooms.

I'm so behind on sharing news and I'll be honest and say I don't have a lot of time to share now. My deadline for SECOND CHANCE is August 1 and I'm still not done! Also, copyedits of NO CHANCE are sitting on my desk, which are due July 30, so this post will be short. I promise when I get caught up...and I will someday...I'll be more current.

Here are a few things I wanted to share. First of all, I was thrilled that on Monday, July 13, RUN TO ME was a Fresh Fiction Pick over on Fresh Fiction. I was traveling most of the day and didn't have Internet connection, so I didn't get to share the news with everyone. But believe me, I was THRILLED!

Also, Coffee Time Romance and More gave RUN TO ME the coveted CTRR award! Out of hundreds of books they read each month, they choose only a very few to receive this special award. Needless to say, I was THRILLED!

I want to say a special thank you to all my readers who've made this year so wonderful for me. It's been my dream for so long to be a published author, but buying my books, telling me how much you've enjoyed them and recommending me to other readers is beyond a dream come true. Thank you all for being so kind!

Tomorrow, I'll try to take a break and share some highlights of my DC trip. However, those copyedits are calling me.

Until later!

3 comments:

Mary G said...

Congratulations on the kudos. You deserve them. I'm glad I picked up your books. I'd seen them & they looked intriguing & I wasn't disappointed. I know that the next ones will be in your usual intriguing, sexy style. All the best. BTW what is copy editing?

Christy Reece said...

Thanks so much, Mary. I'm glad you picked up my books too!

Copy edits: A copy editor is a wondrous individual who takes your manuscript and points out inconsistencies, words that are used too much, things that might confuse the reader, etc. She also corrects grammar, punctuation, and makes suggestions for a better choice of words. If the author doesn't like the change, they can say no (called stetting).

In other words, editors and copy editors can make your manuscript so much better!

Thanks for asking! Good to hear from you.

M.V.Freeman said...

Christy,
Just wanted to say, outstanding!! I am cheering for you. :)