Monday, April 1, 2013

Recommend Monday

Good Monday All!

Sorry I'm late today. It's tax time in the Reece household. Combine that with 4 hungry fur-kids and a couple of deadlines and you've got yourself a sit-com in the making. LOL Think Roseanne with a sprinkling of I Love Lucy and that's us this morning.

However, I do want to know how your Easter weekend went. Did you hide eggs and have a family get-together? We all gathered at my Mom's house and hubby hid eggs and played his own version of Let's Make a Deal with the kiddies. I'm not sure who had the most fun. :)

I'm in the midst of copyedits for CHANCES ARE. So excited that it's all coming together so well. I still don't know when it'll be up for purchase. I still have some things to do on my end before I send it to be formatted. But it won't be much longer. The instant it's released, I'll send out an announcement here, on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and anywhere else I can get the word out. Also, a special newsletter announcement will go out listing all the buy buttons. Can't wait for you to read Angela and Jake's story. Hope you love it as much as I do.

Be sure to check out the CHANCES ARE excerpt that's right below this post. It's the very beginning of the book. And if you'd like to read a small excerpt of Jake and Angela's first kiss, it's on the LCR Facebook page. Here's the link: First kiss excerpt

No recommends from me this week. I'm giving total concentration to CHANCES ARE. However, once it's finished, I want to get back to reading. Can't wait to see what you're recommending this week. And while you're recommending, be sure to tell us what books you're looking forward to reading once they're released. I think tomorrow is a big release day for lots of authors. Do you have anything on your 'must buy' list?

Okay, that's it for me. I'm headed to my writing cave for some intensive time with Angela and Jake.

Have a great week everyone! Now, tell us what we should be reading!

8 comments:

krisgils33 said...

Happy Day after Easter! Today signifies the END OF SPRING BREAK! Can we all shout Hallelujah!?! Five sleepovers, two days of having multiple kids in my house, a birthday party, a barbeque, movies, trips to the FroYo shop, yada yada. Never thought I'd say I'm glad to be at work!!!!

Can't wait for Angela and Jake!!

My recommends for this week are Love Shack, Christie Ridgway and
Rules of Entanglement, Gina L Maxwell. Both were very good!

Alison said...

Hi Christy!

So many books releasing tomorrow! My CC is going to take a hit for sure! I'm so excited for Julie James Love Irresistibly, Kristen Ashley's Own the Wind, and Stephanie Tyler's Surrender: A Section 8 Novel, too bad I have to work tomorrow. It would be a great day to stay home and read :)

Only one rec this week Lover Mine, its the 8th book in JR Wards Black Dagger Brotherhood series and I really enjoyed it.

Have a good week everyone!

Tara said...

Hi Christy! Thanks for the excerpt, Love it and can't wait to read about Jake and Angela.

We had a wonderful Easter celebration with my family and the Easter bunny did not disappoint this year at all.

My recommend this week is Jacked Up by Erin McCarthy. The end to her Fast Track series, and one of my favorites of the series.

Alison, thanks for the reminder about all the releases tomorrow, I can't wait for the Julie James and the Kristen Ashley, but need to check out the Stephanie Tyler book you mentioned.

And Kris, congrats on surviving Spring Break!

Have a great week everyone, and good luck with those taxes, Christy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Christy,

I just finished Nowhere To Hide by Nancy Bush. I is very good. I had never read any of her books before Nowhere To Run, the first book in the trilogy.

I would recommend both of them.

If you want to read two books that are excellent but straight suspense, I would strongly recommend Gone Girl and Defending Jacob.

Marijane Diodati
mjdiodati@yahoo.com

oklanannie said...

Hello to Springtime! Easter weekend was a beautiful and sunny day just made for egg hunting, kite flying, grilling, and playing outside with all the cousins.

Two recommends from me this week include "Private Practice" by Samanthe Beck. A very sexy and fun-to-read contemporary romance. Lots of laugh-out-loud moments.

Also, from a long time favorite author of mine, Laura Moore's "Once Tempted." Just an all-around beautifully written romance set on a present day working ranch/resort.

Both of the above recommends earned 5-stars from me. It was really good week of reading!!

Getting really excited for Christy's release of "Chances Are" and Ella Grace's release on April 30th of "Midnight Secrets."

Looking forward to the new releases this week. Happy Reading everyone!

Crystal said...

Hey everyone! Hope everyone had a fabulous Easter weekend!! It was rainy here, but the kids still enjoyed their day.

I have seriously been in a reading slump lately. I know Chances Are will help me recover from my "no reading mood blues"

I did read Maya Banks Highlander Most Wanted. I enjoyed it. Other than that I've not got a whole lot in the recommendations department.

Christy, I can't wait to get the newsletter saying Chances Are is up to buy!! I also squealed when I read on Facebook that you have at least started another LCR book!

Have a great week everyone!!

Tasty Book Tours said...

It was Sofia's first Easter and she is teething bad...so she really didn't care all that much!! haha!!

Recommendations:

When Summer Comes by Brenda Novak is $1.99 right now, and so is Barefoot in the Sand by Roxanne St.Clair, I recommend both.

Exposed by Laura Griffin is a NEED TO BUY, if you like Rom Suspense, the Tracers series ROCKS...and as a member of the Tracer Team, I will say Brian and Maddie will break your heart!!

I also am DYIN for Chances Are... Those excerpts are mean mean mean!

XOXO

Christy Reece said...

Hey Everyone! Loved the recommendations. I already checked out several of the recs. Hope you got some good suggestions, too. Also enjoyed the list of releases you guys were looking forward to buying.

I'm headed over to post today's Recommend Monday. Have some news about CHANCES ARE, and am posting two new covers for the UK's NO CHANCE and SECOND CHANCE. And I can't wait to hear your recommends. I'm in the mood for a 'Can't put this book down' kind of read. See you soon!